Gumnut, built in 1887 is a gaff-rigged 22 foot timber cutter who lives happily in the canals of Paynesville.
She was most recently restored in 2014 by Paul Howe at Blunt's Boatyard in Williamstown.
We think she faithfully represents the soul and character of old wooden boats!
Gumnut was built in Sydney harbour in 1887 and was originally named Jenny.
Most of the past 20 years she's been moored in Macquarie Harbour, though she has spent time in Sorrento and Tasmania. In 2014 she had her teak laid decks stripped back to bare, as well as the coach house, combings, mast, booms, bowsprit and hull. Her Yanmar diesel motor was rebuilt at the same time. New white narrow-cut panel sails were made two years ago, true to her era.
She is 22 foot long with a beam of 8 feet and a draft of 4 1/2 feet and has a Yanmar 5hp diesel motor.
Currently proudly owned by Jarrod and Georgia Miles