Swordfish was built in England in 1946. It served as a Navy Tender for many years and then became a prawn trawler.
Barry and Jan Shuwallow found Swordfish in the Tambo River in 1994 and had it towed to Raymond Island.
It had a fibro cement "shack" built on it, by its owner for taking his wife on cruises. It had a bed and a shower!
Barry and James Frecheville of Frecheville Wooden Boats rebuilt Swordfish to her current splendour in 1994.
Swordfish was sold to John and Shirley Tausche from Metung who owned it until 2002 when they sold it to a group of five families from Melbourne, Traralgon and Raymond Island who lovingly maintained it.
The ownership shrank to two families in 2013 - John and Julie McKay, Neil Anderson and Di Reynolds - and it is still moored on Raymond Island. A brand new motor was fitted in 2014.
Swordfish's life will go on.