Matalita (ME197) is a timber H28, built by Johansen in Tumbarumba NSW in 1946.
She came to Melbourne in the 1950's sailed by Dr Henry Wilson and his wife through the Pacific Islands and on to two circumnavigations of Tasmania.
The next owner was Tim Phillips of the Wooden Boat Shop, a Couta boat builder, he raced and cruised her in Bass Strait for many years.
In the 1980's she came to the Gippsland Lakes and was owned by the late Don Webster of Raymond Island. In June 2010 Peter LeRoy her current owner purchased her and commenced a major renovation with the interior still a work in progress.
She is a bit rare in that she remains true to the original design by Herreshoff, with the low cabin roof and original sail plan and rig.
28' in length with a beam of 8' 9 " and a draft of 3' 6" she is powered by a 13HP Volvo diesel D1-13.