A Classic L. Francis Herreschoff H28 ketch
Built in Hobart by two cabinet makers under the watchful guidance of Jock Muir. We believe Shamrock was completed and fitted out at Max Crease boatyard at Battery Point and launched in 1952. Some further fitting out took place in Devonport. Her departure from Tasmanian waters occurred when she was sold to Michael and Margory Sullivan, who sailed her to Sandringham on Port Phillip Bay. After several years she was sold to Lex Bell, a member at Sandringham Yacht Club. He sailed the boat in club events and undertook cruises to Stanley and Refuge Cove, Wilsons Promontory.
In February 1976 she was purchased by Dean Langford. This began a long period of her life in care of the Langford family at Williamstown. Sailing extensively on Port Phillip Bay, Dean taught his two sons Neil and Peter the joys of H28 sailing. Many summer family holidays were spent at Sorrento accompanied by Shamrock moored close by. She became a familiar sight all over the Bay as father, sons and friends enjoyed numerous days sailing and weekends away on the Bay. In 2001 Rod Fuller, a close friend of Dean became part owner in Shamrock This marked the beginning of a very rewarding partnership that continues to this day.